Let me explain something to you.
I can not stand to waste time. That doesn't mean that I don't meditate, or relax - that I consider to be time well spent.... and I do nothing, maybe not often, but more often than you might think....
I still have distinct idea of what and what is not a good use of time.
I may be called a prude, or whatever, but I do NOT think that watching horror movies is a good use of time. There is far enough horror in reality that I do not feel that it is of any entertainment value to watch horrific things being perpetrated upon others.
Likewise - my greatest entertainment comes from learning about things that I have a deficit in. That could literally be ANYTHING. My scope is as diverse as my lack of understanding. I always thought Solomon 'got it' and I wanted what he wanted. I have many questions for God when I get 'there'...
So, I never could quite understand the draw of the re-run.... What is the point...?
This is an especially poignant dilemma given my husbands' unnatural proclivity toward watching the SAME shit over and over and over ad nauseum....
What is with that?
I totally do not get it.
I mean, I was aggravated by Seinfeld the first time I watched it... It is WORSE in syndication....
Yet, he MUST watch it...
EVERY NIGHT....
ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!
Somebody please kill me!!!!
Is it just laziness?
The fact that it would require work for his brain to assimilate new material?? is that the problem?
Or - is it a comfort issue?
The fact that he watches the same inane movies over and over - does it bring him some sense of comfort in seeing Porky's for the 50th time? Does it harken back to his youth in some way that is pleasing?
Did I marry a neophyte???
Is he really that intellectually uninitiated?
Could it be?
Well, I can tell you girls - when he watches a 'classic' game on ESPN that I really begin to question things.... I mean, here you go - you freakin' KNOW the outcome of the game.... I mean - hello!!! I KNOW the Stanford band gets trampled - what the heck.... It's enough - USC wins already - how many times do you have to watch it????
OK, so maybe I watched Star Wars a BUNCH of times...
When I was 10....
So what is the excuse when you are 39?
Is it comfort, or just cerebral laziness?
For my part - I prefer to watch something that:
1 - I have not seen before
2 - has some ability to provide information about a subject that I'm not an expert on
3 - has some moderate entertainment value
4 - does not have gratuitous violence
5 - is probably on PBS.....
Is it just me?
I can not stand to waste time. That doesn't mean that I don't meditate, or relax - that I consider to be time well spent.... and I do nothing, maybe not often, but more often than you might think....
I still have distinct idea of what and what is not a good use of time.
I may be called a prude, or whatever, but I do NOT think that watching horror movies is a good use of time. There is far enough horror in reality that I do not feel that it is of any entertainment value to watch horrific things being perpetrated upon others.
Likewise - my greatest entertainment comes from learning about things that I have a deficit in. That could literally be ANYTHING. My scope is as diverse as my lack of understanding. I always thought Solomon 'got it' and I wanted what he wanted. I have many questions for God when I get 'there'...
So, I never could quite understand the draw of the re-run.... What is the point...?
This is an especially poignant dilemma given my husbands' unnatural proclivity toward watching the SAME shit over and over and over ad nauseum....
What is with that?
I totally do not get it.
I mean, I was aggravated by Seinfeld the first time I watched it... It is WORSE in syndication....
Yet, he MUST watch it...
EVERY NIGHT....
ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!
Somebody please kill me!!!!
Is it just laziness?
The fact that it would require work for his brain to assimilate new material?? is that the problem?
Or - is it a comfort issue?
The fact that he watches the same inane movies over and over - does it bring him some sense of comfort in seeing Porky's for the 50th time? Does it harken back to his youth in some way that is pleasing?
Did I marry a neophyte???
Is he really that intellectually uninitiated?
Could it be?
Well, I can tell you girls - when he watches a 'classic' game on ESPN that I really begin to question things.... I mean, here you go - you freakin' KNOW the outcome of the game.... I mean - hello!!! I KNOW the Stanford band gets trampled - what the heck.... It's enough - USC wins already - how many times do you have to watch it????
OK, so maybe I watched Star Wars a BUNCH of times...
When I was 10....
So what is the excuse when you are 39?
Is it comfort, or just cerebral laziness?
For my part - I prefer to watch something that:
1 - I have not seen before
2 - has some ability to provide information about a subject that I'm not an expert on
3 - has some moderate entertainment value
4 - does not have gratuitous violence
5 - is probably on PBS.....
Is it just me?
No comments:
Post a Comment