In the dark water
Your pale, outstretched hand
The swirling abyss
In which you can't stand
In this deep torrent
I carefully wade
Fall into my arms
My love, do I bade
Allow to caress
And suffer me find
The root of your cares
And ties which do bind
Loosen all the knots
Which threaten to drown
Tethered to long ropes
Found holding you down
Below the surface
Lie heavy deep stones
They stealthily wait
To shatter your bones
You're thrashed upon them
Mercilessly: hard
Iridescent soul
Lies in tattered shards
Glitters like starlight
Cast upon the spray
Come into my arms
So tender, I pray
The sweetness offered
Whispers heard in dreams
The truth of this gift
Is more than it seems
Rainbow reflection
The sunlight will play
On scattered pieces
In the light of day
This simmering love
Your smouldering heart
This merciful time
Is only the start
The flood soon passes
And bones quickly heal
Permit my true love
With tenderness feel
Each blue-blackened spot
Each touch-tender bruise
Tell me of horrors
Let me hear your news
Of each passing day
And cares which do lie
Deep within your heart
Like ropes which were tied
Fast around your limbs
You struggled and fought
Under that tempest
Sole effort for naught
Life wants a partner
One to stand beside
To ease our burdens
In whom to confide
Another two hands
to touch and to hold
One to share time with
And slowly grow old
Here I await you
And patiently stay
To soothe and caress
Your troubles away
Your pale, outstretched hand
The swirling abyss
In which you can't stand
In this deep torrent
I carefully wade
Fall into my arms
My love, do I bade
Allow to caress
And suffer me find
The root of your cares
And ties which do bind
Loosen all the knots
Which threaten to drown
Tethered to long ropes
Found holding you down
Below the surface
Lie heavy deep stones
They stealthily wait
To shatter your bones
You're thrashed upon them
Mercilessly: hard
Iridescent soul
Lies in tattered shards
Glitters like starlight
Cast upon the spray
Come into my arms
So tender, I pray
The sweetness offered
Whispers heard in dreams
The truth of this gift
Is more than it seems
Rainbow reflection
The sunlight will play
On scattered pieces
In the light of day
This simmering love
Your smouldering heart
This merciful time
Is only the start
The flood soon passes
And bones quickly heal
Permit my true love
With tenderness feel
Each blue-blackened spot
Each touch-tender bruise
Tell me of horrors
Let me hear your news
Of each passing day
And cares which do lie
Deep within your heart
Like ropes which were tied
Fast around your limbs
You struggled and fought
Under that tempest
Sole effort for naught
Life wants a partner
One to stand beside
To ease our burdens
In whom to confide
Another two hands
to touch and to hold
One to share time with
And slowly grow old
Here I await you
And patiently stay
To soothe and caress
Your troubles away
No comments:
Post a Comment