Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Cardinal Sin

When the hot tears come
I know it is time
To run, to withdraw
No reason or rhyme

Clarion moment
Whereupon I draw
Standing and gazing
Into the great maw

Heart starts to flutter
Adrenaline surge
Feet feel the tingle
Of familiar urge

I must run and hide
Escape this dark fate
Ensconcing myself
Protected from hate

When I have exposed
The softness within
Inevitably
A cardinal sin

From my transgression
There's no recompense
Repeated again
Perhaps lacking sense

To trust to connect
With others abide
You silly old fool
The inner voice chides

Experience as
Calamity reigns
Once more feel my limbs
Entrapped in these chains

Chinking and clanking
The unholy sound
Locked within fetters
Here holding me down

Once I sought comfort
Found solace and care
Now look for your heart
And find no one there

Instead rejection
Closed in mind and thought
What seemed miracle
Fruition to naught

This moment, a tear
With crystalline calm
Flows soft down my cheek
Emotional balm

Release will soon come
A lesson now learned
Don't do it again
Or harm you have earned

I wish I was this
Isolated thing
Wrapped in aloneness
My own tribe and king

No comments:

Post a Comment