Friday, July 24, 2015

The Space in Between

Calamitous vacuum
sucking and cold
into that dark water
I willingly strode

Extending the hand
you reluctantly took
falling into my arms
as we trembled and shook

Tremours subsiding
look into my eyes
shedding crystalline tears
like an evergreen cries

Softly you cradle
my face in your palm
then turn up my chin
so gentle and calm

Knees quivering now
the intractable swoon
regain my lost bearing
searching for the moon

Tenderly lower
your lips onto mine
probe to taste sweetly
the effect is sublime

Shakily breathing
into my ear
the sound of my name
urgent and clear

An ecstatic moan
is torn from your throat
our passion inflamed
for a moment, I gloat

For sexual power
energy I wield
it grips and inflames
as our hearts are both healed

Arms winding around
you pull me in tight
and ardently whisper
“tell me this is alright”

“Don’t stop”, is my answer
I open my eyes
to see your face smiling
with gentle surprise

Wander away to
a newly made place
the space in between
where we savour and taste

No comments:

Post a Comment