Friday, May 1, 2015

Tsunami

The sea of love
Oh! The beautiful sea
Where I happily floated 
For a fortnight or three

Where I cast my cares
This sea, the very same
Where I let go
Of all fear and my Shame

Tentatively I crept
And ventured forth
Baring first just my ankle
Then deliberately more

I cautiously slid
Forward, and met
Warm gentle waves
As I waded to depth

I rose above, buoyant
My toes felt the sand
Pull away and fall
Floating now - I can’t stand

I let the water lift me
When I finally leapt
Afloat now softly
And flying: I slept

Drifting off sweetly
So peaceful was this
That without a care
I met dreamless bliss

I could sense it not
Without any warning
The sky grew dark
And red like the morning

Onto the floor
I suddenly plummet
The water was gone
I fell from the summit

Of love borne bliss
The cresting waves
I was now without
The love that we made

The one whom I love
Looking all around me
I endeavoured to find
But, nowhere was he

A tickle in my ear
And then I heard
Just softly at first
Now, the louder word

RUN! It screamed
But it was too late
I was transfixed
As I sealed my own fate

Far on the horizon
A thick black line
Started to grow
As it loomed in my mind

I knew it was death
That I stared in the face
People ran about
In the reaper’s footrace

But I, in my loss
And I, in my pain
Could manage no movement
And hope was in vain

As the water rushed in
It roared with debris
Grinding and chewing
As it slammed into me

It scoured the Earth
As it ground it all flat
And once it receded
It could never go back

To its now gone splendour
And its now lost grace
The gentle façade
Is the now scarred face

And the mud thick and dark
Covers hidden costs
And with time reveals
More things that were lost

As the memories and trinkets
And unburied bones
In the muck are mopped clean
From the desolate homes

And here lies the body
Plump in the Sun
Of the little lost girl
Who didn’t know to run

No comments:

Post a Comment