So, I don't know my husband anymore....
About two weeks ago he started behaving strangely.
Little noticeable differences: like noticing when he was insensitive and apologizing...
WHAT - OMG - What is GOING ON?!?!?!? OK - it isn't April - so there can't be a joke involved - at least not one that is socially acceptable... I'm not famous enough to be on Punk'd so what gives?
Then, he starts talking apologetically about not being freer with his emotions for the past 18 years, and suddenly - can not put enough emphasis on the suddenly part when we are talking about a lifelong relationship here... - realizes what a mistake that has been....
Truthfully - I don't know whether to be relieved and overjoyed - or to look over my shoulder for the inevitable anvil that must be hurtling toward me in classic roadrunner/coyote fashion....
I'm not sure. I feel like perhaps it has been a good thing to have done well and always been a good wife for the past 15 years and to take care of family and finances, etc and all the things that we women toil away in anonymity to achieve for no recognition or reward.
Sometimes I chafe and feel like the last 18 years have been a waste and that I have lost a big part of myself as a wife and mother.
Sometimes I feel blessed that I could be those things at such an early age and that I am at the point in my life where I have successfully navigated those dangerous straits and have come to a new part in my life.
Well, given his recent apparent epiphany, I feel mostly double blessed.
The kids are older and more self-sufficient.
They really are convinced that I could kill them at any time.
They therefore are pretty well behaved.
I am falling back in love with my husband of 15 years and am looking forward to being an 'empty-nester'.
So when all things are considered - I guess it wasn't that bad after all.
I just hope the aliens keep him....
About two weeks ago he started behaving strangely.
Little noticeable differences: like noticing when he was insensitive and apologizing...
WHAT - OMG - What is GOING ON?!?!?!? OK - it isn't April - so there can't be a joke involved - at least not one that is socially acceptable... I'm not famous enough to be on Punk'd so what gives?
Then, he starts talking apologetically about not being freer with his emotions for the past 18 years, and suddenly - can not put enough emphasis on the suddenly part when we are talking about a lifelong relationship here... - realizes what a mistake that has been....
Truthfully - I don't know whether to be relieved and overjoyed - or to look over my shoulder for the inevitable anvil that must be hurtling toward me in classic roadrunner/coyote fashion....
I'm not sure. I feel like perhaps it has been a good thing to have done well and always been a good wife for the past 15 years and to take care of family and finances, etc and all the things that we women toil away in anonymity to achieve for no recognition or reward.
Sometimes I chafe and feel like the last 18 years have been a waste and that I have lost a big part of myself as a wife and mother.
Sometimes I feel blessed that I could be those things at such an early age and that I am at the point in my life where I have successfully navigated those dangerous straits and have come to a new part in my life.
Well, given his recent apparent epiphany, I feel mostly double blessed.
The kids are older and more self-sufficient.
They really are convinced that I could kill them at any time.
They therefore are pretty well behaved.
I am falling back in love with my husband of 15 years and am looking forward to being an 'empty-nester'.
So when all things are considered - I guess it wasn't that bad after all.
I just hope the aliens keep him....
No comments:
Post a Comment