Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Kintsugi Man

Such attention and care
Was put into the first

Glazing and firing of
Your porcelain shell

Lovingly knit inside
The dark chamber of red

Cradled within, floating
In your own little world

But then came erosion 
Elemental wearing

Softening the edges
Wearing them smooth with time

The finish and lustre
Matte now in patches

And here, I trace the cracks
All the little holes 

The tears and insults 
Gouges and impacts

The break

I can see where you fell
And from how high you dropped

I can trace the outline
Of the crater you left

Where you should have been held
Cradled and protected

You were mishandled
Carelessly abused

Discarded 

But here I hold this piece
Shimmering with beauty

Diamond with a cloudy
Center and facets lined

With gold, outlines of scars
Lessons earned with hard knocks

The inconsistency
Of their words and actions

Plays out in the design
Carefully considered

Light plays from within
Escapes, illuminates

The world through your heart
Glowing in the darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment