When I see you are there, my heart leaps
But then, I catch the glimpse
In the corner of my eye, a figure moves
She is with you, and I am intruding
I don’t know what to say or do
And I stand there, transfixed
I feel the blood drain
Like an open faucet, flowing
The gentle sway becomes sickening
The creak, turns to a mockery
But, I felt the call the voice protests
The feeling to come: a betrayal
Of old emotions, connections long severed
But phantom nerves still pulse
And the limb that lies somewhere
Grasps for a hand that will not return
Skin, feels a touch, given to another in-stead
Tears come all the same
One needs not the nerve to feel the pain
Only in private, in the quiet
In the moments of solitude
Memories come and flow
Down my cheeks, again
No comments:
Post a Comment